So so sad. Extreme graphic photos below please. Are those actually Nigerians in the photos below? Lord have MERCY!
-
ADVERTISE ON OUR PLATFORM
I can help you promote your offline/online business, start-up, seminar etc to my targeted blog readers and you will get a good value for your money.You can use Sponsored post, Banner ads or Text ads to advertise on my blog..
Buhari Seeks Emergency Powers To Tackle Economy Recession
President Muhammadu Buhari will be seeking emergency powers from the National Assembly to push his planned stimulus for the economy.
The objectives of the action-plan on the economy, which is in recession, include shoring up the value of the naira, creation of more jobs, boosting of foreign reserves, reviving the manufacturing sector and improving power.
Government sources said the decision to seek emergency powers for the President was based on a proposal from the economic team headed by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo. The team reviewed the various policies so far introduced and how they have affected the economy.
The economic team, it was learnt, gauged the mood of the polity and decided that unless there is an urgency which some of the extant laws will not permit, “the recession may be longer than expected and Nigerians will not get the desired respite, which is the goal of this government”.
An executive bill titled: “Emergency Economic Stabilisation Bill 2016” is to be presented to the National Assembly when the Senate and the House of Representatives resume from vacation on September 12.
In the bill, the executive will be asking for the President to be given sweeping powers to set aside some extant laws and use executive orders to roll out an economic recovery package within the next one year.
A government source said: “This may be more expensive but it is a price to be paid for Nigerians’ comfort”.
It was learnt that President Buhari will engage the leadership of the National Assembly before their resumption to solicit support for the bill’s quick passage.
Boko Harm Kills Six, Abducts 13 In Borno
Members of the Boko Haram sect on Saturday attacked a village in Damboa Local Government Area of Borno State, killing six persons and abducting 13 others.
A member of the youth vigilance group, Civilian JTF, who spoke anonymously to The Punch said on phone that the attackers rode on four motorcycles.
He said the incident occurred around 5a.m, adding that the insurgents entered some homes killed six people, kidnapped 13 others and left many wounded.
He said: “The hoodlums were in Kuburubu village today (Saturday), riding four motorbikes, they were eight in number and armed with guns.
“They attacked the village at about 5 am when everyone was still sleeping. They killed six persons and abducted about 13 others which they led into the bush.”
He said seven women, five teenage boys, and a teenage girl were abducted.
House wife bath themselves with hot water over lover
Two housewives, identified only as Muyibat and Biliki, have suffered severe burns after a fight over a man.
Punch Metro learnt that the two women emptied a kettle of hot water on each other during the brawl which occurred at their residence in the Yaba area of Lagos State.
Biliki, who was living with her husband in the Surulere area of the state, relocated to her parents’ house in Abule Oja, Yaba, in 2015, after separating from the husband.
Muyibat lives with her husband and three children in the house.
Punch correspondent was told that 32-year-old Biliki accused Muyibat, 29, of marrying her former boyfriend, which caused bad blood between them.
Matters, however, came to a head after a disagreement on Saturday when the duo poured hot water on each other. They were both admitted to a general hospital in the state.
Punch correspondent gathered that the case was reported at the Sabo Police Division and one of the parties petitioned the Lagos State Office of the Public Defender, which mediated in the matter.
Muyibat told Punch Metro that their problem started after Biliki accused her of marrying her (Biliki’s) boyfriend.
She said, “Biliki told neighbours that she once dated my husband and that she aborted for him during their relationship.
“She calls me Iyawo Sara (free wife). I have never known peace in that house. She fights me over every minor issue. “On Saturday, I went to the market with my husband and when we got home, my child started crying. “Biliki’s younger brother, Ahmed, came out and shouted at him and I cautioned him.
“His sister then picked up a quarrel with me and started raining curses on me. I did not talk because I was observing a fast. While she was abusing me, I sneezed and said, ‘Ausubillahi minashaitani rojeem’ (God, deliver me from the devil).”
Muyibat said Biliki, who is also a Muslim, thought she was referring to her and queried her for calling her a devil. She alleged that Biliki attacked her in the process.
“I removed the water I was boiling for my vegetables and put it on the table. She (Biliki) held my head from behind and poured the hot water on me.
“Her younger brother slammed a plastic paint on my head, while she drew my hair. Both of them assaulted me,” Muyibat added. The Kwara State indigene said she was rushed to a private hospital where she was rejected, adding that she later went to the Sabo Police Station to report the case.
Muyibat, who claimed to have passed out on the way to the general hospital, said Biliki had earlier in May threatened to pour acid on her.
However, Biliki, who suffered burns on her breasts, chest and hand, denied the allegations, saying her neighbour was the first to attack her. She denied ever dating Muyibat’s husband, saying Muyibat was fond of making trouble with her and efforts to reconcile them had always been rebuffed by her.
She said, “I went back to my parents’ house when I had issues with my husband. Because of that, many of the tenants started ridiculing me.
“I was ill that Saturday and was sleeping beside my baby. Her child had come to play with my baby when she called him back. When the child didn’t heed her call, she hit him and the child started crying.
“Another child passing through the passageway was also crying that partcular time. My younger brother asked the other boy to stop crying and Muyibat abused my brother. “My brother reported her to me and I told him not to reply her. She then started insulting me. We fought and our neighbours came to separate us.
“I was backing her when somebody suddenly shouted, ‘hot water!’ As I turned back with my hands raised, she emptied a kettle of hot water on me. Because my hand was raised when she attacked me, a little of the water splashed on her.”
Biliki said Muyibat also bit her brother while the latter came to separate them, adding that her two phones were smashed by.
The Director of the Lagos State Office of the Public Defender, Mrs. Olubukola Salami, described the incident as horrific.
She said, “This horrific incident was totally avoidable as either of the parties could have just walked away and lodge a formal complaint at the nearest police station. But they decided to take the law into their hands and the result was unfortunate.
“Domestic violence has repercussions and it’s totally unacceptable anywhere. The Lagos State Government will deal harshly with those who disturb public peace.
Nasarawa to install flood warning device
Nasarawa state government said on Tuesday that it has concluded arrangements to install automated flood warning devices in all coastal settlements across the state to check flood disaster.
Mr Gabriel Aka’Ka, State’s Commissioner for Environment and Natural Resources, said that the effort was to mitigate the devastating effect of flood disaster in the state.
According to him, the state was hard heat by the flood disaster in 2012 leaving scores dead and property destroyed.
Aka’Ka said that the state government had taken some steps since then to ensure that there was no repeat of the catastrophe.
He said, “Government have created buffer zones for people residing along flood plains to relocate in case of emergency and embarked on intensive public enlightenment aimed at mitigating the effect of flooding.
“Nasarawa state has a long stretch of coastlines along the River Benue with several settlements from Tunga in Awe local government to Umaisha and Loko in Toto local government area.
“We have manual flood gauge mounted in some places in Umaisha and Tunga, and trained community members to monitor water level and evacuate people when necessary to avert flood disaster.
“However, manual gauges are insufficient, hence the need for automated flood warning equipment that will be monitored in a central point for citizens to be rescued promptly if there is a flood disaster.”
Flood destroy 5,000 houses in Kano
Kano State Relief and Emergency Agency on Tuesday confirmed that at least 5,300 houses were destroyed by flood in six Local Government Areas of Kano State.
Executive Secretary of SREA, Aliyu Bashir, who confirmed the disaster in Kano said, the affected Local Government Areas include, Bebeji, Dawakin Kudu, Kiru Shanono, Bagwai and Garun Mallam.
In Dawakin Kudu, over 2,300 houses were affected while not less than 600 houses in each of the remaining five areas were also destroyed by the flood.
Bashir disclosed that officials of the agency had undertaken an assessment visit to all the affected areas, so as to determine the extent of damage caused by the flood.
Also, he revealed that the State Government will come to their aid of the victims as an interim measure, as soon as the Agency concludes and submits its report.
As at the time of filing this report, our Report in Kano had not gone round the metropolis to ascertain any destruction that may have been caused by Monday’s downpour, which started at about 6pm and lasted to the early hours of Tuesday morning.
Sumai foods loses N1bn to fire
A raging fire has destroyed property worth more than N1bn at a company located in Oluyole Estate area of Ibadan, on Monday.
The fire, which began on Sunday night, was still burning despite the presence of fire fighters on Monday evening.
The company, which produces paper cartons used in packaging finished products, is said to be a subsidiary of SUMAL Foods and Confectionaries, also located in Oluyole Industrial Estate in Ibadan.
The affected company is located inside the vast premises of Sanusi Steel Industry, which, until it folded up, was producing steel and wire.
Offices, machines, warehouses, buildings, computers and raw materials had been destroyed already by the fire, with walls of most of the buildings showing cracks. The city of Ibadan has also been covered in ashes emanating from the fire.
As of Monday evening, smoke had rented the air as far as the University of Ibadan and Ojoo area on Oyo road.
A security guard, Edward Bassey, who works in one of the companies in the area, said the fire began around 10pm on Sunday.
The Director of Oyo State Fire Services, Kareem Oyekunle, however, said effort was still on to stop the spread of the inferno. He said 40 of his men were already working at the scene.